Monday, May 17, 2010

Inspiring Animation

One of the few things that inspires me to write everyday is what I see in animation (mostly Japanese animation). Some of the greatest stories are the ones that aren't in our countries or our languages...so I ventured into Japanese culture looking for these great stories. Don't disregard it. These animations each have a story to tell. You might think that animation is for children, but these stories aren't for children all the time. They are also for you: the adult, the teenager, the mother, father, or grandparent. Stories of love and hate, deception and friendship, losses and gains, death and life. If you disregard this, imagine what you're missing out on?

Here's a video montage that shows some of the great animations that I've discovered. Enjoy.



5 comments:

Terresa said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog.

Do you like Miyazaki? Not so much anime as just pure Japanese animation. His movie, Spirited Away is a masterpiece.

becca808 said...

they seem to hold an unspoken language that resonates with the soul...but just like any genre of film...you have to hunt for the true gems. I know it's not japanese anime (or at least I don't think so) But I am actually looking forward to "the last airbender" I actually liked watching that cartoon with my kids and now it's coming to the big screen :-)

Vatche said...

Becca808, you're so right about hunting for true gems in film, because there are a lot of movies out there. I guess the same can be said about books. As for the Last Airbender, which is based on the American animation of Avatar: The Last Airbender, I'm looking forward to seeing it, as well. The trailer looks awesome! I'm gong to actually start watching the cartoon, because it was inspired by one of my favorite animes, FLCL (pronounced Fooly Cooly).

Terresa, no problemo for the comment; you really deserve it! I've definitely heard of Miyazaki! Spirited Away has to be one of the few movies to inspire me to become a writer, actually. He has tons of anime films; I watched his Princess Mononoke a few months ago.

Thank you, becca808 and Terresa, for your comments. Your voice are always heard. Always appreciated.

Anonymous said...

miyazaki ftw!
-spirited away
-howls moving castle
-my neighbor totoro
-nausicca of the valley of the wind
-kiki's delivery service
-princess mononoke
-the castle of cogliostro
are all the ones ive seen. gonna see ponyo soon too... watch code geass, cowboy bebop, and neon genesis evangelion!

-rafi

Vatche said...

Miyazaki is a very eclectic animator, storyteller, and writer as we see in all those movies he has created.

As for Code Geass, Cowboy Bebop, and Neon Genesis Evangelion, they are my list of animes to watch. Right now, I'm currently finishing up the anime adaptation of Naoki Urasawa's Monster. It's really an awesome thriller.

Thanks for the comment, Rafi!

Post a Comment