Monday, August 16, 2010

The Creative Writer Award


So, I received this award from Cruella and RosieC, who are both creative writers themselves, last week. Apparently, I’m a bold face liar creative writer, so I’ll play by the rules and tell you, dear readers, six truths and one lie about my life. You have to guess which one of the seven is the lie. I’ll tell you in the comments section if you got it right or not, but I think you can probably figure it out. 

The Rules:
The Bold Face Liar Creative Writer Award requires you to: 

1. Thank the person who gave you the award and link to them.

2. Add the award to your blog.

3. Tell six outrageous lies about yourself and one truth. (Another variant: Tell six truths and one outrageous lie. YOU get to guess which variant I chose – and which statements are true, as well as which are lies.)

4. Nominate six creative liars –I mean writers– and post links to them.

5. Let your nominees know that they have been nominated.


Six Truths + One Lie
1. When I was three-years old, I was attacked by a mountain snake. However, I remember my grandmother taking me away from it and putting me inside the house, while my father fought it off with a shovel. I still remember until today the blood that was splashed on the walls and the black trash bag that he put it in. Here's what it sort of looked like: 



2. I nearly drowned when I fell into my backyard’s swimming pool when I was only two-years old. I was saved by my German-shepherd though, whose name is Sheba. He’s the equivalent of Lassie in my life. Here's a picture of Lassie, if you don't know who or what Lassie is.



3. I’ve only seen a ghost once and it was in Armenia when I went for a field trip there during my senior year.

4. I used to be a sort of escape artist when I was younger. My mom had bought several car seats, which I’ve all gotten out of, before finally giving up and wrapping me with a seatbelt. Yes, I was a troublemaker when I was a kid.

5. I used to believe that I was adopted until the age of ten, because I saw no similarities between my parents and me. I would always ask my mom, “So, where are my real parents?”

6. Many of my new friends from Irvine have some of the oddest accomplishments that I have ever heard of. One used to be a monk. The other is a fire breather. I have yet to hear the others, but I will tell you any more of the outrageous ones when I do hear them. 


7. I AM BATMAN! I’m a writer by day and a crime fighter by night. Best. Job. Ever.




I will pass this onto six people, who I believe really deserve it.

Terresa has always been an awesome follower. Her blog is amazing with a range of thoughts, ideas, poems, and articles.

Mel O. Dramatic for her new creative post that made me laugh out loud literally.

Amanda Sablan for her intriguing posts and great writing style.

Tabitha Bird for her inspiring posts and jaw-dropping stories.

The Words Crafter for the crazy, yet true posts that she writes and for always commenting on my blog, no matter what the subject. Thank you for that! :D

The Creepy Query Girl for her creative imagination and hilarious posts. She’s always good for a laugh, something I got to learn to do with my own writing sometimes.


Which one is the lie? Also, if you want, tell me which one of the stories you want to hear more about, because I can definitely go more in depth rather than just paraphrase it here. 




22 comments:

Jen said...

I love these!!!! Hmm so I thought I was going to choose the one truth and I was going to say that I though you thinking you were adopted was the only truth. It made the most sense, but now you have me wondering!

Umm batman is your lie... though it'd be cool if you were a crime fighter by night :)

Amanda Sablan said...

There are some interesting lies here, and I'm gonna go with #7 being the truth. ;]

Thank you, Vatche, for the award! <3

The Words Crafter said...

I'm grinning the whole time I'm reading your list....and it would SEEM you gave it away in the sentence where you said we could ask for more in depth info...

You've written about the snake before, so I know that one's true...

You could be Batman, but you would have just given away your identity, so that one has to be a lie...and I'm guessing the rest are true....?

This was fun and thank you so much! Not only for the award, but for the sweet things you said. And right back at ya-you always manage to find time to run over and drop a line and you always manage to challenge my brain, so thank YOU!

Jemi Fraser said...

Well, we know you're Batman, so that one's not the lie. Hmmm.... I'm going to say the lie is the first one about the snake.

Carolyn V. said...

Ah ha! I knew you were Batman!

Wow, you've had a very interesting life! Did you really see a ghost?

Terresa said...

Thanks for the award, Vatche! I'm honored. Sorry I didn't stop by sooner, I've been out of town (in the mnts/forest!) and did minimal blog visiting.

PS: Tell me more about your adventures as Batman...
:)

Kelly Dexter said...

Hmmmm . . . Batman ;-)

Until I reached number seven, I thought for sure it was going to be number six. A monk and a fire breather? That's crazy! Would definitely love to hear more about the outrageous backgrounds you discover at school.

Tabitha Bird said...

Oh thanks. Cool award. Thank you for your kind words about my blog :)

RosieC said...

Newcomer to your blog that I am, I wonder if I've missed something, Batman? While I recognize that you can fly vast distances in minutes, I wonder how you were on a field trip to Armenia in HS? I take it you're not a California native... I suppose, if you're gonna see a ghost, though, that'd be the place to see one :)

Palindrome said...

Congratulations on the award!! It's a fun one!

Creepy Query Girl said...

Thanks so much Vatche! Hmn, hard to figure out which one is true. Maybe the ghost one??:)

Vatche said...

Hey, Jen!

Just letting you know now that everything is actually a truth, except the batman one. It is actually true that until the age of ten, I thought I was an adopted child in my family.

Write on!

Vatche said...

Hello, Amanda! ^_^

Oh, yes, number seven is definitely the truth and the rest are all lies. I'm glad I finally came out with that. Now, I can be paid loyalties and whatnot for fighting crimes and saving people's lives.

Write on!

P.S. Anyone else want to fight crime alongside me?

Vatche said...

Hey, The Words Crafter, glad to see your comment! :D

Well, I can give more in depth info about anyone, because I've experienced them all (except one of them). You're right that I did mention the snake thing whenever on your blog you wrote about their being a snake in your own home. I'm surprised you remembered actually.

Yes, Batman is the lie and the rest are true!

No problemo on the award! I just wanted to tell the reasons for why I'm giving the award rather than just handing it out, because it makes it much more meaningful.

Write on and you know that I'm always hear to challenge my readers to think!

Vatche said...

Hey, Jemi!

Hmm...I don't know I'm pretty thin and not that muscular to be Batman. Perhaps, you should think again about which one is the lie.

The snake one is most definitely a truth in my life, so guess again.

Write on and keep on guessing!

Vatche said...

Hey, Carolyn!

I do have a slightly interesting life, I guess, but this is as an interesting as it gets. I did see a ghost/shadow person at Armenia and I'm deciding to write more about in the near future. It was a scary experience for me and it still haunts my mind 'til this day.

Write on and don't be afraid of the unknown!

Vatche said...

Terresa, no problem on the award, you seriously deserve it! It's cool that you get out of the house and into the wilderness every once in a while.

As for my adventures as Batman, I beat the Joker up last week for trying to blow up Gotham City. It was a giant mess really. I will keep you updated on anymore of my escapades.

Write on and keep on crime fighting whether you are Batman or not!

Vatche said...

Hello, Kelly!

Yes, at UCI, I did actually meet a person who could fire breathe and another who used to be a monk. They both have interesting stories that I want to know more about. I'll probably even ask them to write about their lives when I get to chance.

Write on!

Vatche said...

Hello, Tabitha!

No problemo on the award, you totally deserve it! You and your blog are both awesome!

Write on!

Vatche said...

Hey, RosieC!

I'm actually a native of California, born in America and all. I went to an Armenian school and one of the special things about my school is that during senior year, we get to visit our homeland of Armenia.

Yes, I did see a ghost at Armenia in my hotel room. I will write more about it during one of my future blog posts.

Write on!

Vatche said...

Hello, Palindrome!

Thanks for everything and it definitely was a fun award to pass around.

Write on!

Vatche said...

Hey, Creepy Query Girl!

It is a pretty difficult choice to see which one is the lie, but I can tell you that the ghost one is most definitely a fact. My friends/roommates can definitely vouch for me that the ghost in Armenia is true. So, try to guess again.

Write on!

Post a Comment