Monday, December 20, 2010

Emily Haines and Songwriting


One of my favorite writers, is actually a songwriter that I discovered over the summer. Her name is Emily Haines and is the lead vocalist for the band known as Metric.  In the beginning of summer, I watched Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, where I was first introduced to the song, "Black Sheep," which wasn't performed by Emily, but was covered by a band by the name of Clash at Demondhead for the movie. It was a beginning though. Her writing process is a really interesting one. She was lost for what to write for her next album and decided to clear her mind in Buenos Aires. Here's a video of her story. Enjoy.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6L8l2y2BtCs




If you're curious of the song that started it all for me, here's a link for "Black Sheep" covered by Clash at Demonhead in Scott Pilgrim vs the World.
Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jMruFHTwrY

2 comments:

J. Darko said...

Did you draw that because damn, WOW, that's amazing!

Vatche said...

I didn't draw it, I wish I had that much skill! All photos are taken from deviantart.com and belong to their respective owners on the website.

Post a Comment