Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A Mental Snack (41)



Share your thoughts...


"A stranger is shot in the street, you hardly move to help. But if, half an hour before, you spent just ten minutes with the fellow and knew a little about him and his family, you might just jump in front of his killer and try to stop it. Really knowing is good. Not knowing, or refusing to know is bad, or amoral, at least. you can't act if you don't know." ~ Ray Bradbury

Do you think Ray Bradbury is right about not knowing? Would you jump in front of the person if he/she was a stranger or if you got to know them better first? Have you ever wanted to know a person that was on the same sidewalk as you or sitting on the same train, bus, or airplane? What is one thing you always ask when you start getting to know someone? Their values? Their religion? Their ethnicity? Their hobbies? 

2 comments:

Tsionah N said...

A lot of questions...hmm.. I think that you never really know how you would respond until you are actually in that position. I hope that I'm the type of person that would do something good for another human because it is the right thing to do, not because of past interaction.

And yes, I get curious about people I see. I think it has something to do with being a writer though. I like to people watch and imagine things about their lives and then write about them.

I'm a strange person who enjoys talking about politics, religion, education, and other controversy topics. I should probably wait longer before having conversations like that with some one I just met, but I typically don't...hmm maybe that's my problem ha!

Creepy Query Girl said...

Neat! I guess the first thing people ask around here is 'where you from?'

Post a Comment