Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year Resolutions: 2011

  
  
    Every January 1st, I begin the day by writing a set of resolutions that I want to follow, but usually don't.  However, this year will be different, because I will post my resolutions here on the blog and try to follow them throughout this new year.
    Neil Gaiman says every year to the followers of his blog, "May your coming year be filled with magic and dreams and good madness. I hope you read some fine books and kiss someone who thinks you're wonderful, and don't forget to make some art -- write or draw or build or sing or live as only you can. And I hope, somewhere in the next year, you surprise yourself."
    And so, that's what I'm planning on doing. I'm planning on filling this year, just as much as the last ones, with following my dreams, with reading the best of books, and writing my best. I want to surprise myself this year not only with these things but also with things I never knew I was capable of. So, here is my list:

1. Read a few blogs everyday and comment on them, because I haven't been active lately in the blogosphere.
2. Read more, because I can't be a good writer without studying the greatest.
3. Write more! Practice makes perfect, right?
4. Stay healthy and exercise. I don't want to gain that weight back anytime soon.
5. Be more independent, because I find myself relying on others often rather than doing things myself.
6. Continue to do well in school.
7. Be a good friend by helping others grow and letting them grow independently.

    And there you have it, seven resolutions for myself to follow throughout the year. Some are easier than others and some more difficult, but they are resolutions I plan to keep in mind during this entire year. Have a Happy New Years' Day and I wish you, dear readers, the best year possible!

6 comments:

Jemi Fraser said...

Those are excellent resolutions - I bet you'll achieve them all. Hope 2011 brings you lots of joy :)

Theresa Milstein said...

I'm a big fan of Neil Gaiman. I love the quote, which sounds just something he'd say. I just bought one of his books today.

Your goals sound reasonable. I wish you the best. Happy 2011!

Shadow said...

i love the message from neil gaiman... and good luck with yours, they are quite achievable.

Two Tigers said...

Good resolutions, and good quote from NG - I am also a big fan! And thanks for following my blog, I look forward to reading yours!

Lynda Young said...

great resolutions. I hope you keep them up. The hardest one is #4 ;)

Nehha N Josshi said...

Wishing you a happy 2011! :)

Post a Comment